TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM   #2415
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
I was wondering about that. So if Monica is eliminated in qualifying Madrid will no longer count as a mandatory? I knew if Monica didn't make the main draw of Madrid and then didn't enter the tournament it would no longer count as a mandatory but I didn't know that would be the case even if she lost in the qualifying.

That is quite funny then. So...if that is the case, Monica will actually gain 55 ranking points if she loses in the qualifying (as her Brussels points would replace her Madrid points). But if she qualifies and loses in the 1st round she will only gain 25 points.

Or maybe it is even more complicated than that. Does Madrid start to count as a manditory if you enter the main draw as a qualifier? I have no idea on this.

Of course right now Monica is next in to the main draw so it is very possible that this discussion will become redundant too.
Monica is in Q so Madrid will no longer count as mandatory is she will not qualify for the MD. In this case she will have 1255 points after Madrid. If she'll qualify but lose in the first round of MD she will have 1225 points. The worst scenario from the ranking point of view is to be LL (very possible as she has nr 1 seed in Q) and lose in the first round of MD.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote