TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #2589
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTN View Post
I agree with this. I read somewhere on CNNSI - although I can't find the article anymore so maybe it was taken down? - that Steffi should have made more of an effort to reach out to Monica. She said that Steffi clearly wasn't that affected by Monica's stabbing because she visited Monica only once then started to rack up a lot more titles as if nothing happened. I find this such a judgmental comment that does not take into account how different people could react to the same situation. Could it be that Steffi felt incredibly bad and guilty (although clearly it was not her fault) that Monica was stabbed because of her then Gunther Parche was practically set free that she couldn't really develop a relationship with Monica? I find this a more natural reaction, especially for someone who is very shy and tries to steer clear of conflict and controversy. As Steffi showed in 95 and 96, when faced with personal challenges, she focuses on her tennis.

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote