TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:52 PM   #2384
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Oh yeah,I'd already figured that that's what you did;what I was referring to was when fans extrapolate lots of deep meaning from some of Caro's simple,short presser statements...or when they assume her complete mindset based on her career arc(though it's true that,often,actions speak much louder than words).
I agree. We often read too much into what's being said. On the other hand, I sometimes have the feeling that Caro and her camp are not sure themselves what's going on. Piotr or Caro may say she's spending too much time with sponsors and advertising, or that she's not been "hungry" but is now motivated again, or that she has ruined her game trying to alter it too much at once. But people are not very good at analyzing themselves. And I'm not sure whether Caro/Piotr/Adidas/ or anyone else really has the best solution to her current lack of form, if we can call it that.

I also agree regarding your parenthetical remark. One very obvious example was when Caro was on her way up and was "flirting" on court with Kader. When she was struggling a bit more with her form a couple of years later she was arguing with him.
angliru is offline View My Blog!