TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM   #2373
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Whoops, wrong thread, I mistakenly thought this was the Caro fan player section...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
I really don't get this, everyone over analysing every detail of Caro's game, life, coaching selection etc.
There's nothing we can do about it but support Caro as her fans. It just makes you miserable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post

my same thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminefu623 View Post
my friend and i are also caro's fans.

sometimes we think maybe caro think that, her career is almost perfect, she want GS, but even if she can't get one at last, she still has an amazing career, she's year end number for 2 years.

she is rich, she had reached many ppl's goal for their whole life, travel around the world, being famous, has a good bf, has nice cars and house, provide good life for her parents, and most important, live her dream.

maybe we will never see the caro in 2009/2010/2011, since caro may not have the motivation to do that again, when she's on court now, i can only feel that she wanna left asap.

just wanna share some of my opinion.
I'm quoting these posts because I agree, and because I think we've been a bit spoiled by Caro's success and sometimes forget how much she's achieved. It's been really fun to follow her career, and she's given us so much pleasure since her junior days.

She cracked the top 20 one month after her 18th birthday - and has stayed there ever since (245 consecutive weeks now, if I'm not mistaken) - while some of her very talented contemporaries from the junior days like Cirstea, Paszek, Morita, Ula Radwanska, Rybarikova, or the slightly older Wozniak, are all still hoping to break into the top 20 one day.

I'd also like to mention Pavlyuchenkova who possibly seemed even more talented than Caro during the junior days winning three GS titles and defeating Caro in a AO final. She was a year-end No. 1 in front of Caro despite being a year younger. I quite like Pavlyuchenkova, and she's become a very good player by any WTA standard. But she's not made it into the top 10 yet (where Caro has spend almost 200 weeks), and she only has one fifth of Caro's career earnings and titles.

Caro is obviously not in the form of 2009-11 at the moment, but she still makes an IW final. Most players, bar a handful of GOATS, would give their right arm for an IW final!

I certainly acknowledge that this is a discussion forum, and every aspect can be discussed as far as I'm concerned (I might even join in with my own theories). I just think we could be a little more grateful for what we've got instead of being angry with her for what she hasn't given us yet or being angry with her for living a live with a boyfriend. I'm sure she'll be back at a level near her 2010 form when (or if?) she finds the motivation to go all in for her sport. Of course I don't really know if she lacks motivation, that's just my (and most people's) assumption.

Last edited by angliru : May 3rd, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
angliru is offline View My Blog!