TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old May 1st, 2013, 05:22 PM   #2405
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
For Monica this year Madrid isn't Mandatory because she isn't in MD entry list, so her points will increase even she will be eliminated in Q. And, if she won against Vesnina she couldn't be able to play in Madrid Q.
I was wondering about that. So if Monica is eliminated in qualifying Madrid will no longer count as a mandatory? I knew if Monica didn't make the main draw of Madrid and then didn't enter the tournament it would no longer count as a mandatory but I didn't know that would be the case even if she lost in the qualifying.

That is quite funny then. So...if that is the case, Monica will actually gain 55 ranking points if she loses in the qualifying (as her Brussels points would replace her Madrid points). But if she qualifies and loses in the 1st round she will only gain 25 points.

Or maybe it is even more complicated than that. Does Madrid start to count as a manditory if you enter the main draw as a qualifier? I have no idea on this.

Of course right now Monica is next in to the main draw so it is very possible that this discussion will become redundant too.

Last edited by Shvedbarilescu : May 1st, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
Shvedbarilescu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote