TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old May 1st, 2013, 03:43 PM   #4166
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but I think that the first always has the edge. I celebrated and suffered with my later faves just as much as with Chris, and in a way if Caro would win a major it would mean even more from an emotional perspective because it would be so unexpected while Chris won majors (and everything else) all over the place. In the end you get spoiled by success and take it for granted. But having said that, much as I love Woz, Maria, Li or earlier faves like Hingis and Capriati, I'm in no doubt that if a miracle would make it possible for Evert to compete again today that I would root for her again above all others. For me there are so many memories assiociated with her. In some cases I not only remember the most important matches themselves but also what I did on that day when the match was over. How nervous I was before those matches. Sometimes even what records I played on that day. Weird stuff....
I completely get this it's the exact same for me , considering how long the yearly tennis season is, certain tournament highlights remind of particular events in my life and vice versa, whenever I think bak on events it reminds me of what was going on in the tennis too.