TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old May 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4164
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Reminds me of a candidate on one of those beauty contests a number of years ago now. If I remember correctly it was for miss Belgium. Anyway, in the little test/quiz they always have to create the illusion that it just doesn't take t&a to win but also brains they asked one of the candidates, "what can you tell us about Fidel Castro?" Her answer was, "Isn't he the guy who won Wimbledon last year?"
That's a good one, just trying to picture in my mind Fidel Castro in a white tennis outfit ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
GAWD this is my childhood. In Italian though.
I just spoke my friend who reminded me about Sailor Moon yesterday, I told him he ruined me because I can't stop listening and singing (!!) to that video since then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but I think that the first always has the edge. I celebrated and suffered with my later faves just as much as with Chris, and in a way if Caro would win a major it would mean even more from an emotional perspective because it would be so unexpected while Chris won majors (and everything else) all over the place. In the end you get spoiled by success and take it for granted. But having said that, much as I love Woz, Maria, Li or earlier faves like Hingis and Capriati, I'm in no doubt that if a miracle would make it possible for Evert to compete again today that I would root for her again above all others. For me there are so many memories assiociated with her. In some cases I not only remember the most important matches themselves but also what I did on that day when the match was over. How nervous I was before those matches. Sometimes even what records I played on that day. Weird stuff....
It's exactly how I imagine how it will be for me with tennis after Maria... Everyone has his own ONE true love, nothing could ever change it.
Trih is online now View My Blog!