TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old May 1st, 2013, 03:21 PM   #4161
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I can only speak for myself of course, but I think that the first always has the edge. I celebrated and suffered with my later faves just as much as with Chris, and in a way if Caro would win a major it would mean even more from an emotional perspective because it would be so unexpected while Chris won majors (and everything else) all over the place. In the end you get spoiled by success and take it for granted. But having said that, much as I love Woz, Maria, Li or earlier faves like Hingis and Capriati, I'm in no doubt that if a miracle would make it possible for Evert to compete again today that I would root for her again above all others. For me there are so many memories assiociated with her. In some cases I not only remember the most important matches themselves but also what I did on that day when the match was over. How nervous I was before those matches. Sometimes even what records I played on that day. Weird stuff....
Exactly. It gets me all poignant and sad thinking about it. But no one will ever come close to Martha and Fed for me. I'm already dangerous close to having no favourites on the ATP with Fed playing part time

At least my favs are endorsement vultures who will be visible even long after their playing days I guess
domon17th is offline View My Blog!