TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Allez Mandy Minella!

View Single Post

Old Apr 30th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #982
country flag TheFramer

TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough TheFramer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Allez Mandy Minella!

One could argue that she is consistant. She almost always lose in the first round.

But no, you are right about consistency. Players in top 50, or top 30, usually gets to the second or third round week in and week out. Adding to that 2 or 3 top result and your are there.

Right now Mandy's ranking is based on 5 results(Marrakech, Bad Gast, Biarritz, Baku and US Open).

Unfortunately Mandy's game is a clay court game, and the clay court season on the WTA tour isn't that long. On faster courts there are some profound problems in her game. Something that the opposition know about and know how to utilise.

I have seen Mandy play and practice quite a few times and I am afraid to say that I don't see any progess as I don't see any real work done on her problems.

Let's see if she can get one or two good results in the rest of the clay court season, Paris would be a good place, quietly stepping on the grass and then a confirmation on a US Open third round.
TheFramer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote