TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your tennis results?!

View Single Post

Old Apr 30th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1319
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
Forgot how to tennis again. This time it was worse because I was up 4-2 saved 2 bps to make deuce, then lost 15 games in a row. FIFTEEN!! This was yesterday evening and I still cannot comprehend this. Like, I don't even know what to think. It's also confusing because he was up 6-4 6-0 5-0 40-0 and I break him to make 1-5 I hit 3 excellent returns in a row and I'm thinking "WHY CAN'T IT BE LIKE THIS SOONER." But of course I went down 0-40, saved 2 match points, and then df'ed

I contacted my old coach/instructor to start lessons again. I can play decent when it comes to rallying/practice, but when it comes to games and point construction shit hits the fan... My backhand was horrid. It's never been that bad. I was appalled. The strange thing was my forehand was actually fairly consistent, with less shanks than ever. For my stronger side to be at its almost best, to my weaker side being worse than ever before made for a strange day of tennis. I don't know if its nerves or what, but playing games is tough for me. Maybe I'm weak mentally idk.

On another note, I served an ace the second point in the match...
I hit 1 ace every 6 months, so I guess that was a highlight.

We'll see how it goes. I joined a league so hopefully they'll be people there more on my level so I can hopefully be a bit more consistent.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spencer. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote