TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #2317
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post
"She can hire the best coach on the planet, but if that all consuming desire to be as good as she can possibly be is no longer there it won't work."

Besides skills, that is exactly what a coach needs to instill in her. If she doesn't want it, then walk away. It is a part of normal development for children to wean themselves away from their parents to become adults. Oftentimes, what facilitates that is having another adult male in a supportive, guiding, and protective role. If all has worked right as she has grown up, then she will always know she can come back to her father for emotional support and protection. But he doesn't need to be there night and day, everyday.
I think the desire needs to come from the players part. It's hard (especially for a stranger coach) to make someone to truly want something. Besides skills (both tactical and technical), the obvious thing the coach is meant to instill is confidence. There is a reasonable link between the two though, as confidence comes from believing in what you are doing, believing in your game.

I don't think the problem is Piotr being her father, the question is more is her current team good enough for purpose anymore. There certainly seems a lack of direction, and a lack of confidence from Caro in what she is doing. Even then, that desire has to come from Caroline. A change would only work if Caroline was willing to make it work.
ozza is online now View My Blog!