TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #22
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
For me personally tradition has a lot to do with it, however, apparently they are making the clay identical to RG this year. They have been red before but shoddy quality so I'm intrigued to see that. Although Rome conditions are more like RG with the altitude issues.

Also, IMO, it's better to have a loss here and do well in Rome, then go into RG on a high. All that said she could lose in both, I'll root for her in every match but would be less disapointed with a loss here than in Rome.
Makes sense. And I suppose that there's not that much difference between a mandatory and a premier5 in terms of how important they are. If anything the Italian title is even more prestigious because it's been around since the 1930's and many of the biggest names in history have won it. But it would be cool if Maria could get her name on that Madrid trophee as well before her career is over.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote