TennisForum.com - View Single Post - MADRID 2013 Mission: Snatch That #500!!!

View Single Post

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #18
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Just wait until she wins the tournament. Trust me, you will care. Seriously though, why does everyone seem to prefer a Rome title over Madrid? She's already won Rome a couple of times and Madrid is a premier mandatory. I understand that Rome has a longer tradition, but as said - she already won that one twice. I'd be happy with either title but if I had to choose between the two I'd take Madrid, at least this time.
For me personally tradition has a lot to do with it, however, apparently they are making the clay identical to RG this year. They have been red before but shoddy quality so I'm intrigued to see that. Although Rome conditions are more like RG with the altitude issues.

Also, IMO, it's better to have a loss here and do well in Rome, then go into RG on a high. All that said she could lose in both, I'll root for her in every match but would be less disapointed with a loss here than in Rome.