TennisForum.com - View Single Post - More impressive title run: STUTTGART 2012 or STUTTGART 2013?

View Single Post

Old Apr 29th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #9
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future
Re: More impressive title run: STUTTGART 2012 or STUTTGART 2013?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondan View Post
I thought Maria's training and focus in 2012, was to obliterate any of the cow on ice stuff....and her approach was to be slightly thinner and quicker.....it worked for her. Mission accomplished.

This year, she might or might not weigh the same, but her body looks stronger....I believe her overall focus for 2013 is a bit more on beating Serena, hopefully in a grand slam final. There have been embarrassing appearances against her, and Maria would not admit it, but I believe with a grand slam title in all four, of course there is the desire for many more.....but beginning to alter the career story against Serena has to be a key goal. Her physical condition this year looks to me better than I have ever seen. It was not quite 100 percent on thursday.....after three triple sets...she had played herself back to where she is best....not many players can do that....the conventional wisdom was that she would be worn out today. Not the way it works with Maria.
This is a great post and I totally agree that Maria's No. 1 goal in 2013 is to beat Serena, preferably at Wimbledon Final; if not, USO Final.

Her training this year has been geared to get her stronger, so that strength-wise she is on par with Serena. Then, she can proceed to beat Serena with her more tenacious ground strokes.

Her mission is partly completed by taking a set from Serena at Miami Final. I can't wait for them to meet again because my money will be on Maria.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote