TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Luxembourg Tennis~

View Single Post

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #732
country flag coetzergambill

coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of coetzergambill has much to be proud of
Re: ~Luxembourg Tennis~

went to see her match today it was nice to see her play live. i don't think there will be many more opportunities. i hope she doesn't stop playing too soon, but i think we can assume for sure she's not going to play for much longer anyway, sadly, she lost against morderger 57 64 62
in the first set, she made too many unforced errors and didn't hit enough first serves. but then, she became more consistent and started to hit better. in the end, after being down 1-4, she saved 2 or 3 set points in her own service game at 4-5 and won the set 7-5. in the second set, she got broken for 2-4, just to break back immediately and hold her serve to 4-4, but then she lost her serve and the set with a double fault. i couldn't watch the third set anymore, but morderger played much better than i expected, hitting really hard and flat, and she was moving not too bad, too. so it was a hard draw for anne, especially with these conditions (cold, only around 10 degrees, windy, cloudy), but if she had played more consistent and not making errors on really easy shots that she should have won, she would have won the match. but there are some good things to say, too. she hit the ball flat and quite hard, too, and she played some good drop shots. and she still moves really good, too, especially considering she's 37 now. you couldn't see any lack of fitness. i think it's just a lack of confidence in some matches. she was complaining a lot, about herself, the court, she didn't seem content with herself, but i could understand it.
but in the end, it was nice to see she's still playing and still hitting and moving well. hope she can get some more wins this year and climb up in the rankings again. i also took some pictures that i will post here for everyone who's interested.

S.Asagoe Y.Basuki J.Capriati Y.Cho A.Damayanti K.Date-Krumm M.Drake S.Hsieh T.Huỳnh Phương Đi J.Jackson A.King A.Kremer Y.Leacock J.Lee N.Li M.Lucic A.Mauresmo M.Moulton-Levy A.Muhammed L.Osterloh S.Perry M.Pierce W.Prakusya N.Ramalalaharivololona D.Randriantefy Z.Razafimahatratra A.Rolle C.Rubin C.Scheepers S.Sfar A.Stevenson A.Sugiyama T.Tanasugarn M.Tu I.Tulyaganova M.Washington A.Widjaja S.Williams V.Williams J.Zheng
coetzergambill is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote