TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #2276
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I had fallen asleep in front of the telly while watching a football match.

When people root for a player they will be happy when she wins and disappointed when she loses. This fan forum is no different from any other in that regard. I'm sure that at Hello Kvitty fans aren't dancing around their television sets/computer screens when she loses either. Nobody can expect posters to say after for example the loss in Stuttgart, "that was great Caroline! You almost won a set!" It's normal that we are worried. But nobody here takes any pleasure from her struggles. Everything is written from the perspective of caring fans who want what's best for her.
Perfect observation.

I don't think that any of us expected her to maintain the results she had from August, 2010-April, 2011, that probably would have been impossible, but I don't think any of us thought she would go from making every other final to being a non-contender so quickly. I think that the thing that frustrates most of us is that there is no consistency from match to match and that she is losing too many matches that she really should be winning. I can accept that at the moment she is not good enough to consistently challenge the better players but the losses to the lower ranked players are becoming far too common and in her last match it appeared that she just gave up. It is hard to be optimistic and supportive when you don't believe the player you cheer for is giving her best effort.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!