TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Your tennis results?!

View Single Post

Old Apr 28th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #1312
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Your tennis results?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
I played 2 days ago and basically forgot how to tennis

We played 4 sets and I won 4 games

26 06 16 16... I won the very first game at LOVE hitting so well, so it was a positive start. Then I literally missed 8 returns in a row. After the 4th failed attempt, I didn't even try hitting it hard or anything, just placing it, and I couldn't even manage to do that. I hit a forehand slice return out

He's so much better than me, and I cannot keep up. But, I joined a league and it's such bullshit because all of the available teams to play on are over an hour's drive for me, and I cannot do that every single Saturday for 8 weeks in a row. It's so frustrating because I cannot find anyone on my skill level to play with. I don't even mind losing, I just like playing but it'd be a lot more fun and better to improve my game if I could find just anyone around my skill level.

I'm just basic in most every aspect. Not a spectacular serve/second serve is pretty woeful, decent forehand, backhands still trouble me, volleys can magically be good but mostly not, I cannot smash, and my court coverage/movement can always improve.

It's just sort of frustrating. I still go out and like to play. My choice of shot is always something I struggle with, but I'm trying to think more clearly out on the court We'll see how it goes.
I'd say if you can win games against these people and still has improvements to do, in time you'll be able to be more competitive .
Pops Maellard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote