TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #102
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The album with Robert Plant sold pretty well, yes. Good album too (I have it). I like Alison Krauss a lot, but I like this type of Americana/country-ish/bluegrass type of music in general. It's a bit in the style of that whole post-hippie Californian soft-rock, country-rock, singer/songwriter scene from the 70's that I like a lot. Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, CSN (also great at tennis btw), Neil Young, Linda Ronstadt - I love that stuff. And todays Americana scene reminds me more of that than of the more yie-haw horseshit on my cowboy boots redneck side of country.
Yup, I love Neil's mellow, gentle acoustic songs too. Like this one:

Billy Corgan is someone that reminds me a bit of Neil Young. Musically they are fairly different but they are both adept at loud/noisy rock songs while at the same time being able to write very gentle and beautiful acoustic material. Variety is neat.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote