TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #101
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She recorded an album with Robert Plant (Raising Sand) that was very well received critically (I'm not sure if it actually sold well).

It is a bit skimpy and, by now, a bit out of date, but Now That I've Found You: A Collection is probably the best single disc introduction to her music.
The album with Robert Plant sold pretty well, yes. Good album too (I have it). I like Alison Krauss a lot, but I like this type of Americana/country-ish/bluegrass type of music in general. It's a bit in the style of that whole post-hippie Californian soft-rock, country-rock, singer/songwriter scene from the 70's that I like a lot. Jackson Browne, Bonnie Raitt, Joni Mitchell, CSN (also great at tennis btw), Neil Young, Linda Ronstadt - I love that stuff. And todays Americana scene reminds me more of that than of the more yie-haw horseshit on my cowboy boots redneck side of country.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote