TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Music Thread

Thread: Music Thread
View Single Post

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #100
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future
Re: Music Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
She recorded an album with Robert Plant (Raising Sand) that was very well received critically (I'm not sure if it actually sold well).

It is a bit skimpy and, by now, a bit out of date, but Now That I've Found You: A Collection is probably the best single disc introduction to her music.

Symphonic metal, eh? In my youth I was a bit of a metal head but I do not believe I have ever dipped my toe in that particular genre. Are there any albums in particular that you would recommend?
Thanks for the tip about Alison Krauss. I'll keep it in mind. I might find some extracts on iTunes.

As for Symphonic Metal, I would recommend Mother Earth (not the live album, since the singer moves a lot in their shows and it affect her voice, so she can't reach the highest notes live). The Silent Force and The Heart Of Everything are also incredibly good. Their oldest albums are more metal and experimental (Enter, Mother Earth), however they tend to go a bit more in the pop-rock style of music recently, even if the quality is still very high.

As for Nighwish, it's far more powerful than Within Temptation. The latter lies somewhere between rock and metal, while Nighwish is pure metal. They changed their singer in 2005 and I personally prefer their first era, with Tarja Turunen. Their best albums? Wishmaster, Century Child and Once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You played along very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
As I recall,she likes Nightwish a lot,as do some other regulars in the Dementieva forum
That's good to know. I feel a little less lonely now
Achernar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote