TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #4027
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Even after seeing just the third set today, I can honestly say I'm really happy with Donna's game. Dushevina came into the set very strongly and Donna's frustration about losing the previous one certainly didn't help. But as she hung in and settled bit by bit she came back and once she did, she became pretty much the driving force. Of course, there were still tough points being played and Donna had to work very hard until the end, as Vera is not a player who will back down easily, but I was pretty sure Donna will win once she leveled the score in that third set. It's great that she made it here, not just because of a win, not just because of another final, nor because this enters her into her 100th pro match, but primarily because it was a real battle, against a player who tried to dictate and force her game even when she was losing. Many players would've crumbled down under pressure in a match like this way before Vera Dushevina, which makes Donna's win all the more valuable.

So that's a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon, watching one of our great hopes win an important match. Congrats Donna and best of luck tomorrow!

P. S. Anyone remembers when was the last time we had 3 players with their matches streamed on a same day, on a Saturday?!
ma re is offline View My Blog!