TennisForum.com - View Single Post - STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche!

View Single Post

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #758
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
Well, that match was.......something.

Very surprised Maria didn't play any better today. Looking at these last 2 matches, it's almost like vintage 2010-2011 Maria has returned. So error-prone and unreliable with the serve, looking down and out often. But showing unrelenting fight and resolve and scrapping and clawing with everything she has to compensate for her struggling areas. And, like yesterday and many matches from those 2 years, it got the job done.

Wow, the serving from both in that 3rd set. In these last two matches, I think after winning the first set, Maria almost expected her opponents to just roll over afterwards. She wasn't prepared for the resistence and poise that Lucie and Ana gave. Maria has to realize that she has the bull's eye on her back here, especially with no Vika and Serena around and that Porsche ambassadorship. Players are really going to get up and give their best when they see her.

I'm not sure why Maria has been so sloppy so far. It's really mystifying when you consider how great she played at IW and Miami. Her game looked like it was complete and rolling in all aspects.

I still expect her to get better tomorrow and she'll need to be ready for another battle. Kerber will make her work and work and work. Maria passed on Fed Cup this year but she'll be experiencing a Fed Cup atmosphere against her. There will only be about 9 or 10 spectators rooting for her.
She was sloppy, but I thought she was a bit better than yesterday. She had to be because this Ivanovic was a good opponent. Ana seems to have improved a lot mentally. I thought after Maria won the first set, ok, match over - 6-1 second set. But Ana kept on fighting and actually played some lights out tennis to come back from 4-1 to 4-4 in the third.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote