TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2251
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The reason they don't do that imo is because it takes the focus off of the player who won, and puts the focus on to the player who lost. The WTA probably don't really want people discussing what is going wrong in Caroline's career, they just want everyone to think it's all going along rosy. The WTA website articles anyway are aimed at casual readers, not die hard fans like us who are already engrossed in their product anyway.
Well,language is not that hard to manipulate;after offering a caveat about the upset,they could simply say,'However,____ HAS beaten other top players with impressive victories in big events,so she's certainly capable of taking out the highly-ranked when she's in form.'

The WTA,in my view,SHOULD do as UEFA does and think about the perception of the sport and expanding it beyond the hardcore fanbase...and show more respect for the casual fan's intelligence,too(even if that's not always warranted).I can't possibly be the only working person who feels a bit insulted when some lazy-ass,pampered rich GIRL(to use the term 'woman' would be an insult to mature women worldwide)is unwilling to work on her game,puts forth some half-assed result,and is then rewarded by being given star treatment by the WTA p.r. hacks.Caroline isn't the worst aprovechada by a long shot,but even SHE seems to be manipulating the WTA's Coddling the Divas Policy,to some extent,with some of her asinine post-match pressers.I suspect that the WTA loses lots of working-class folk with such a policy,and I don't see other sports do that nearly as much.An NFL player who constantly refused to play with minor,possibly non-existent,injuries would quickly become a JOKE,and he would lose endorsement offers,too.In the WTA,Product Quality seems to be a lesser priority

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!