TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #3989
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Nice work today

For a place in the final she'll probably have to play even better, cause both of her potential opponents are former top 100 players (with Dushevina almost inside top 30 at one point), both are very experienced compared to Donna, especially Dushevina eventhough she is younger of the two. She has a hardcourt WTA title under her belt (from Istanbul of all places) and two more appearances in the WTA finals, also on hardcourt. Both her and Beygelzimer are struggling lately but this doesn't mean a walk in the park for Donna by any stretch of imagination. Beygelzimer has exactly one win since late January this year and that one came against Pegula on green clay a month ago while Dushevina hasn't made a win since mid February in Doha against Jugic-Salkic, but has been playing only WTA events until this one.

So I hope Donna will be sharp and won't underestimate either of these dames in distress, cause I think she has a shot, but she'll probably have to work quite hard to get it.

P. S. On a side note, according to WTA Donna comes into this tournament with 95 professional matches played so far; meaning, if she reaches the final she is at 100.
ma re is offline View My Blog!