TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #2244
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,Chrissie-fan kept me honest when I proposed some candid headlines on the WTA webpage...and he was right because,ultimately,it's their job to PROMOTe the players and not insult them.....but I'm not so sure that the positive spin always makes the WTA look good;sometimes it makes them look desperate,as when AI got a fairly-soft draw and finally made a USO QF,where she was easily dispatched,of course.The WTA webpage stated that AI had made the "career Slam QF list"

I'd respect them a lot more if they simply took a more understated,factual approach such as,"CSN defeated Wozniacki in the 1st round,which is an upset on paper yet not that surprising because clay is CSN's favorite surface while Caroline has been battling a bit to recover her former #1 form." To ME,that's not insulting to either player...nor to the fans who might read it
The reason they don't do that imo is because it takes the focus off of the player who won, and puts the focus on to the player who lost. The WTA probably don't really want people discussing what is going wrong in Caroline's career, they just want everyone to think it's all going along rosy. The WTA website articles anyway are aimed at casual readers, not die hard fans like us who are already engrossed in their product anyway.
ozza is offline View My Blog!