TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #2238
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The key word to Caro's game of the last 18+ months has been 'confusion.' There are so many conflicting comments that I can only conclude that team Woz (including Caroline herself) has no idea what to do anymore. One day it's trying to turn her into a female Federer (remember Sanchez and his goal of making her inside out forehand her biggest weapon ) a few weeks later it's getting back to what made her good to begin with. My advice to all that would be the same as the one for the coaching situation: "Make up your mind and stick to it!!!"
Yes it very much gives off the feel of confusion, a player who has had their tennis world turned upside down. Her interviews don't fill you with much hope either. First she had some niggling injuries last year, and she's fit and healthy now. Then she lost her motivation last year, and she's regained it now (reasons she re-iterates in the interview with Cronin). She has said numerous times she feels her game is back at a good level now, and she's happy and confident about where her tennis is going. She's kind of exhausting her reasons for her performances not being up to par, but the real solutions don't seem to be forthcoming. The problem is this has been going nearly 2 years now, and the turnaround doesn't look any closer in sight.
ozza is online now View My Blog!