TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

View Single Post

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #980
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Quote:
Julia Görges was not overly happy after her match. “One doesn’t want to win in that fashion,” said the winner of the 2011 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. And she herself has not been feeling fully fit in the past few weeks. Feeling worn out when waking in the morning, she was given a check-up as she was suspected as having glandular fever. Luckily enough it was negative. Nevertheless she took a break from competition and also pulled out of the Fed Cup play-off tie against Serbia in the Porsche Arena. “I only started hitting balls again as there was no way I wanted to miss the Porsche Tennis Grand,” she said. “After all I enjoyed my biggest career success in the Porsche Arena. Now I’m obviously hoping I can play a few more matches in this great arena.” (facebook.com/PorscheTennisGrandPrix)
Obviously this bothered her a couple of weeks while she kept talking how well she's feeling on court and played tourneys like Katowice. Reminds me of Sabine who delayed a flu virus and was sidelined for two weeks after Memphis.

I'm wondering when these girls find out after years of playing what's right for their bodies.