TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #2244
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Why? Cincy is P5 ans she has bunch of points from it, defending Cincy and Toronto is a must. We have no Olympics this year and she will have more then a month rest before playing in USO series not really a bid deal playing Toronto-Cincy-NH-USO. On the other hand NH is planned to be MM this year and she will lose half of her points even if she wins it, also it will force her to skip Linz if NH downgrade is confirmed, i'd rather see her prepare in Linz for YEC then play in humid swamp just before USO without any real competition. Anyway, who commits to tournament who has no player commitments in a first place with a chance that this will force her to skip Linz. Looks like CR is not really brilliant and genius businessman as Petronius wants us to believe

I wouldn't call it great news, if NH downgrade is confirmed then she has to skip Linz, also playing right before USO not great idea at all. She can burn out during Asia swing where she can gain lots of points, loosing those in 2012 with YEC points hurt her ranking coming to this season in a first place, otherwise she would have been ranked right now around #5 competing with NaNa\Aga for #4, instead she fights with Errani to stay in Top8
When I said "great news" I was thinking about Linz, not NH. And I haven't known that NH is gonna be downgraded, in that case it is not such a great idea.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote