TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:08 PM   #2179
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
This year in New Haven Errani, Kerber,Kvitova and Bartoli with these big name in the event is there a chance caroline can still play this event, I know there was a rule about how manty top 10 players can play at one event
New Haven is allowed unlimited top 10 players because it is a week before a grand slam. It isn't down on her schedule but I think she will probably play it (she seems to like playing there).

With regard to the Muguruza match account. It just doesn't reflect that well on Caro. It just sounds another day of Caro unable to deal with a hot player outside the top 60. Muguruza while a hot prospect, is the sort of player that often provides a lot of UE, but it sounds like Muguruza just had Caro running all over the court (which seemed pretty obvious without even watching it). Caro's problems with depth and consistency on her strokes are obvious by now, whether she can do anything to repair it is yet to be seen.

It's also well documented Caro has lost a lot of the effectiveness in her backhand down the line (and she doesn't use it much anymore), so Caro doesn't really have a lot of change of direction in her ball to get these type of players off balance. This has been evident in numerous matches.

The drop shot tactic is pretty hard to implement if you are continually on the back foot (and not recommended), the account reads like Caro was pinned back from Muguruza's power and depth. You need to be on the front foot for the drop shot to be an effective tactic.
ozza is online now View My Blog!