TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:21 PM   #3895
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, in the days of old the whole Fed cup used to be played as a tournament. They changed it to (I suppose) copy the Davis Cup. But yes, if they would do the whole event, and not just the semis and the final in one week it might be easier to get the best players to participate. And yes, Istanbul would be an ideal location with enthusiastic crowds. I still think it's a big, big mistake to take away the YEC from them. As far as I'm concerned they have 'earned' the right to keep it.
Istanbul probably took on this event as part of their usual Olympic campaign. They wanted to showcase that they can host big sporting events. They also hosted the Athletics Indoors World Championships, the Swimming World Championships, EuroLeague Final Four basketball, Basketball World Championships and added the F1 GP all within the last three years. They simply might not have the financial rescources to keep the event.

Monterrey had really good crowds the last two days. I have never heard a full crowd chant a players name. I have only seen the reverse with Vika in the AO final. With the way Mexicans consume sports (aside from the security issues and where the funding might come from) Im sure it would be a great crowd and event.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!