TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM   #2151
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
If nothing changes and she continues to struggle with her game- can't win titles/ is a non-contender at the big tournaments in the next 2-3 years, I don't see a point for her to continue to play til 28-30. It has been really frustrating to follow her in those past years, do you really want to see her play at this level where she's just a journeywoman, for another 8-10 years? I'm certainly not!
Like Protoss says - borderline top ten is not a journeywoman. It only looks like that to us because we were so spoiled by her success a few years ago. But someone in the 9-12 range on the ranking list is still in the position to make a move and have a good run at important tournaments. Like this year at Indian Wells for example. If she would retire while she's still in the top ten (or close) it would look like giving up. Of course, if she would totally disappear into anonimity it would be different. But if you're #1 at twenty and a non-entity at 24 it can only mean that your heart isn't in it anymore, and that would be disappointing.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!