TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anett Kontaveit

Thread: Anett Kontaveit
View Single Post

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:19 AM   #1714
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

Anett is still entered into all the tournaments. She hasn't moved up as much as I would have liked though
These are her positions:
Trnava 75K: Alternate #82
Cagnes-Sur-Mer 100K: Alternate #89
Johannesburg 50K + H: Alternate #1
Bastad 10K: Seed #5

In terms of how the Lists would look with only Priority 1 players:
Trnava 75K: Alternate #10
Cagnes-Sur-Mer 100K: Alternate #32
Johannesburg 50K + H: Main Draw #13
Bastad 10K: Seed #1

I understand that Trnava and Cagnes-Sur-Mer won't stay that strong but I have never seen 2 tournaments in Europe with that many P1s and that many highly ranked players

South Africa is starting to look really good because those players who will be seeded (based on Priorities) are Babos, Majeric, Kichenok X 2, Gasparyan, Murray, Naydenova and Jaksic. Along with that, there are only about 5 Priority 2s ahead of her and if she wins the tournament (which she won't) it is 90 Points!!!

I mean, just winning a round in MD gets her 12 Points which is the same as winning Edinburgh and a QF brings 24. I mean, unless she gets Babos or she is playing very badly, I don't really see her losing before the SF which is 40 points Given the other tournament options that week, I think that is the best option. On the other hand though, if she bombs out First Round then she will have wasted a lot of money for 1 tournament
Also it is on hard which would not suit her at all if she wants to warm up for RG
I really think she should give Juniors a miss but if she wants a GS she would almost definitely get it here as the new Juniors are shit
At least compared to her

Still, I would love to play in South Africa Go on a safari

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote