TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM   #2135
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Did Maria Sharapova not once upon a time say she would retire by her mid-20s or did I totally dream that?
No you didn't dream that. You are correct. It was when Kim won the USO 2005 - Kim said she would continue in 2006 but was getting married and retiring in 2007. Sharapova was asked what she thought about that and Kim retiring so young and she said that she herself expected to retire early not long afterwards.

Kim was very specific on her retirement and marriage. Got talking about what and when her last tournament would be (althougnh that got changed) and naming a year rather than saying in a couple of years time. That's when I take what any player says about retiring seriously.

Although if Caro had said I plan to play next year and then review whether to continue - I'd take that seriously and be mighty concerned.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Apr 21st, 2013 at 08:05 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!