TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

View Single Post

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:33 PM   #3799
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM_1257 View Post
Rafa, your matches and confidence against Novak make me wanna puke.. Is he becoming for you what Serena is for Maria?? A bunch of chokers.
I really don't think that's the case. Novak played great defense and offense and didn't commit many UEs. It was borderline 2011 level. When Novak broke it was because he played great return games. When Novak is playing like that no player has a chance against him. Put Nadal's wimpy backhand and iffy first serve percentage in this match on top of that, and you have a definite losing recipe. Nadal hasn't looked great all tournament. Dimi and Tsonga had chances to beat him. Novak would have had to choke like those two in order to lose this match.

I don't think it's ever been a mental thing, even during Nadal's losing streak. When Novak plays his game he beats Nadal. It's different than Shar and Serena match-ups, because Sharapova has just wasted so many opportunities and gets scared out of her game when Serena shows a bit of resistance.

Last edited by Icky80 : Apr 21st, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!