TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

View Single Post

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #1953
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Of course there are 2 sides. Very few of the top players are universally popular in the dressing room for obvious reasons. This idea that goes around that everyone on tour hates Azarenka is obviously rubbish. It's also ironic when it mainly gets put forward by Sharapova fans (who openly admitted she has no friends on tour). Robson and Watson have both given interviews on UK TV at different points last year that they like Vika and she is friendly. This is without going into the obvious Kirilenko, Vesnina, Petkovic etc. Vika has received numerous congratulations on twitter after winning big events from players on tour, the players doing this obviously like her.

Even when you look at the mens game which we always hear how friendly the top 4 are. You still hear people taking pops at them (Janowicz, Davydenko in recent times). You're always likely to rub some players the wrong way.

It's also debatable what Vinci even meant. It seems highly unlikely that Vinci and Azarenka have much interaction off court (given their ages etc.). Vika brings a big personality to the court, it's easy to see how that will rub some people the wrong way especially if you keep beating them.

Maybe I should copy this into the GM thread too .
You're exactly right.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!