TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #2104
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont know. I think players like Pervak, Muguruza, Voegele all think Caro is the soft seed they want in their section.
Sharapova was probably a little off that Miami. She lost a close final to Aga.
But Caro was playing at that level, Miami 2012, that would have her in the top 4, if she could maintain that level. The problem is that she cant keep playing well anymore. Just when you start thinking she is getting things back in order, she falls apart again.
Its very hard to maintain that level, and Caro is struggling bigtime.
That is true. The more Caro keeps getting out-toughed in these 3rd sets the harder it's going to get for her, because she's giving more and more of the locker room reason to believe they can beat her. Caro has to compete a lot harder to win matches as a result (mainly mental).

The whole key is to maintaining that level though. Lets say hypothetically Miami 2012 was top 4 tennis, as a stand alone it doesn't really mean anything. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 will at some point make a run somewhere, it's consistently doing it which separates the upper end of the top 10 from the lower end.
ozza is online now View My Blog!