TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2092
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Will apologize in advance if any of you feel insulted by the simplicity of my comments--no offense is intended,whatsoever.

The whole notion of 'good' and 'bad' draws is almost always pointless,IMO;it's not an empirical fact such as a player's ranking,so it's purely subjective as to what's good or bad.If a player even WORRIES about her draw,that's automatically a 'bad' situation(which is not to say that Caroline is,or isn't,doing that...who knows?,unless she mentions doing so).

I could almost bet the house that Graf and other top players either NEVER,or almost never,sweat the draw during their careers.Even Vika,who's not yet amongst the all-time elite,claims she doesn't look...and I'm inclined to believe her considering her current confident state.When you're at a high level,you're at least prepared to adapt to any draw and,conversely,when you lack confidence or form,almost NO draws will be easy enough to help you relax.I've heard lots of thread blab--especially in my former days in the Serb forum--that an easy draw would supposedly allow the struggling player to get some wins and then rebuild her confidence.That SOUNDS halfway plausible,yet I've never seen it actually work out that way....Can ANYone here cite any notable examples of that??You'll probably have to search thoroughly to find even a few.

The best solution,IMO,is for Caroline to start significantly improving her overall game on the practice court...and then gradually improve her ranking,too,as she begins to believe in her skills again by beating good PLAYERS,not scrubs from a 'good DRAW'.If Caro can return to form then,as with the really great players,almost all of her draws will be "good"

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!