TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #2066
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I remember that experiment they tried and she must have been doing in training where every serve was supposed to be a kick serve at the speed of a 2nd serve. It was after there was so much talk about Sam Stosur's kick serve. I never liked that experiment of serving at 2nd serve speeds all the time.
It can be effective, I suppose. If you use Errani as an example. 85% 1st serves in and a 1st serve, which is not more than a 'putting in play' ball.

Maybe for Caro, just getting 1st serves in, could actually improve her over-all game? Not being weighed down by the pressure of having to hit a hard, flat unreachable 1st serve, she can relax and play points better?

It's a theory at least.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!