TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #2335
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Looking at the fed cup pics, Mona is really quite tall. She's the only one without high heels and she's still the tallest German.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the German fed cup outfits which they have been using of late in each fed cup dinner. Some improvements could be made.

I've been reading through the Fed Cup discussion thread using online translation. Quite an entertaining read actually .

From an outsider's point of view, Germany has many legitimate choices, and it's quite natural to pick the no. 1, Kerber, and someone who has a good record against Ana, Mona, despite having no Fed Cup experience. None of the girls on either the German or Serbian side are in particularly great form, all have recent bad losses, so it's really up to the captain.

My guess: if it goes to the doubles the Germans take it. I think there is a decisive advantage to the Germans in doubles. So probably, if Mona wins one match, the Germans win overall. I think the absence of JJ affects Serbia's chances immensely. With JJ there the chance of taking 3 singles becomes possible for Serbia. In my opinion, this is the most likely way for Serbia to win, since apart from Krunic, the other Serbian girls do not play good doubles.

I'm not really sure who wins between Mona and Ana this time, Mona might do it, but then again she might get nervous. Ana might remember some of her clay magic, but then again she might hit a single bad shot and suddenly lose all her confidence. Unpredictable match-up, but given the head to head you have to give Mona excellent chances. These two girls are both capable of sublime tennis, and also of playing the worst tennis you've ever seen in your life.

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 19th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote