TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Ana's articles~

View Single Post

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #4036
country flag Iva87

Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of Iva87 has much to be proud of
Re: ~Ana's articles~

http://www.anaivanovic.com/pressandi...ness-interview

Quote:
Women's Fitness interview

What are your tops tips for amateur/weekend tennis players?
The most important thing is to enjoy it. Obviously I am very lucky to be playing tennis professionally, so I take it very seriously, but I also enjoy it very much: just hitting the ball over the net, competing, it’s a lot of fun. So I always tell people to make sure they enjoy themselves on the court.

If you’re at a reasonably high level, it definitely helps to spend time away from the court, working on your fitness. There are many exercises you can do that are specific to tennis, to increase your upper body strength, especially in your shoulders. Then you can do some stair climbs, or hill running, to improve your endurance and leg strength. All of this will help you in matches.

What would you say to encourage more people to get into the sport?
I would encourage people to try tennis because it has many benefits. Obviously there’s the benefit to your health and fitness, then it also teaches you about discipline and hard work – you will see your hard work rewarded.

Doubles teaches you about teamwork, and so does being part of any tennis team. At club level it’s also very social, and anyone can play, so it’s quite an open sport.

What’s your favourite thing about tennis?
What I enjoy more than anything is competing on the court. I love it the same way I did when I was a kid.
Iva87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote