TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 1986

Thread: 1986
View Single Post

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #65
country flag Ms. Anthropic

Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all Ms. Anthropic is a name known to all
Re: 1986

No kitchen for Chris
The Atlanta Journal and The Atlanta Constitution
Thursday, February 6, 1986
From Wire Dispatches

NEW YORK - Chris Evert Lloyd says she has no plans to retire from tennis - and no idea when she might.

"I'm going to play this year," she said at a news conference to promote next month's Virginia Slims Championships at Madison Square Garden. "But I've taken it one year at a time ever since I was 18."

But when she does eventually retire, she said she wouldn't lead a sedentary life.

"I'm not going to be harnessed to the kitchen," she said. "I'll be traveling, doing a lot of things."

She said only her desire, not her ranking will determine when she leaves the game she has dominated for the past decade, first by herself and then with Martina Navratilova.

"Last year I played better than I have in my life," said the 31-year-old Lloyd, who has won 143 tournaments in her career, the most of any player. "What keeps me going is I don't feel yet I'm the best I can be. I haven't reached my potential."

She won her first tournament of the year last week, capturing the Virginia Slims of Florida by crushing Steffi Graf of West Germany in Sunday's final. She also defeated Austria's Petra Huber, Carling Bassett of Canada, Stephanie Rehe and Bulgaria's Manuela Maleeva.

"All the girls I played were under 20," she said. "I played five teeny-boppers."
Ms. Anthropic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote