TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Have you ever read Bible?

View Single Post

Old Apr 17th, 2013, 11:23 AM   #104
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have you ever read Bible?

Ok here's what I don't get. In Chronicles 2, it is said that God moved Cyrus of Persia to make a proclamation that God has given him all the lands of the world and assigned him to build a Temple for him.

Here's what I don't get. Why would God make a Zoroastrian (which was what Cyrus was) the most powerful man in the world at the time? More importantly, why would Cyrus think or say that without converting to Judaism?

So is it metaphor or truth?

Or could it be that Cyrus just happens to be a model of humanism and goodwill and religious tolerance (so rare these days, let alone those days) who was STILL a faithful Zoroastrian just wanted to allow people in his empire to have freedom of religion? Something so rare in empires or realms of Abrahamic faiths.

Anyway, I just had to say it. It's puzzling some of these stories.