TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 1986

Thread: 1986
View Single Post

Old Apr 16th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #62
country flag HanaFanGA

HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold HanaFanGA is a splendid one to behold
Re: 1986

1986 was a remarkable year for many players. Wow, Chris really played well early. Someone else that played well was Claudia. She pushed Martina a couple of times indoors within a couple of weeks of each other. I personally believe that 1986 was Martina's best year, Helena's as well.

This was an odd period for Hana. Her shoulder had given her problems even as she won the Open. Almost immediately she pulled out of Chicago and played sparingly through the Australian season. 1986 started the same way for her outside of the Slims Champ. She played much better in the summer before being diagnosed as borderline anemic. Then she sprained her ankle right before the Open. She just couldn't sustain momentum.

Pam ended 1986 on fire. So much so that I thought she might win the Australian.