TennisForum.com - View Single Post - oO MaRtA DoMaChOwSka Fan Club Oo

View Single Post

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3637
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oO MaRtA DoMaChOwSka Fan Club Oo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike9g View Post
I read that after exho was another interview with Marta.
And she said that she appreciates work with her trainer and won't change him for another.
And also that she wants comeback to her old style of game because that was too spectacular/scenic.

Here is interview from the end of 2012:
http://igrzyska24.pl/w-zime-musze-gr...a-domachowska/
Thanks for this! I did not see this interview in the past and there is one, very important answer there:

Quote:
Marta Domachowska: Różni się przede wszystkim szkolenie jak i warunki do treningu. Większość klubów nastawiona jest bardziej na własny zarobek niż sukcesy zawodników. Powiem na swoim przykładzie, trenując w Warszawie w zimie zazwyczaj muszę grac o 6 rano. Czasem o 7, jak są wolne korty. Bywa i tak, że muszę grać na różnych obiektach, płacić za korty. Nie ma jakiegoś systemu szkolenia, nie ma miejsca, w którym byłaby grupa zawodniczek i zawodników, którzy mogliby razem trenować. Zawsze jak się z kimś trenuje jest dużo lepsza motywacja. Długo można, by pisać na ten temat. Niestety…
For non-Polish speakers - she said here more or less: tennis clubs are mostly willing to earn money, not to have success of their players. She had to train in winter while being in Warsaw at 6 or 7 am and even go to different places to get a free court (so she was not sure if she gets a free court at one and the same place) and of course she was paying for herself. Also she said there is no training program or place where there would be more players who can train together (and this always gives a better motivation).

I noticed this a lot of times before as a big disadvantage for Polish tennis and I can say that this only confirms how PZT (Polish tennis association) "cares" about the players.

Some people say - yes, there are Radwańskas so it cannot be that bad. But the sisters were much luckier - they started off in Germany where their father was a coach at a tennis club and as we know - Germany has much better training conditions. Also since both are tennis players - they could practice together.

Poland was compared to Czech Rep. in this question and I must say that if we had a possibility to create some tennis centers where many players practice - we would have tons of other players in top 100-200 since there are many talents who cannot afford a lot unfortunately and they have no money to travel. I remember that there were some players who told that in case they don't have a sponsor - they have to stop playing tennis proffessionally due to lack of funds.

Marta added she was lucky she did not spend much when she had some bigger successes, as now she can live on what she earned before.