TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Estonian Tennis

Thread: Estonian Tennis
View Single Post

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #1913
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estonian Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
It would be extremely stupid to play while injured and make it worse. Just like Kaia played Fed Cup in 2004 despite the injury, helped the team to WGII play-off and ruined entire season as a result. And playing would not be enough, she would have to win matches in both singles and doubles.

Most likely scenario is that Kaia will retire before Rio.
Anett's injury is A) not that serious and B) should have been healed by then. What injury may ensue from playing a match or two on a soft surface would be extremely minimal. Even just play Doubles in Ties where they would win a Singles match would be helpful: just going... I mean she would be training by the time of the tie if it was supposed to heal in 12-14 days...
I think that the same applies for Kaia, just being there would be helpful...

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote