TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ~Petra Martic~

Thread: ~Petra Martic~
View Single Post

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:30 AM   #3316
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ~Petra Martic~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
GSM moments ago

But there was even more said, like that she seems more like a sparing partner to Kvitova than an opponent, and an observation that her style of play is not suited to her mentality (or the other way around). This last is explained by saying that she is too passive and too negative in her body language (as in, putting herself down too much) and that her playing style can't benefit from it. As a contrast to that, they said, Kvitova's mentality (laid back, positive, assertive) suits her attacking style very nicely. It was also said that Martic only brings her talent to the court when she is defending, and that she should bring it much more often when she is in the offense. I find some of those points quite good and Sam Smith (who said all those things) does notice things well, quite often during the broadcasts. I hope someone from team Martic was watching or will hear/read this.

All in all I'm not hugely dissapointed, but I expected more. Truth be told I didn't really know at what level Martic's form is at the moment, so I might've been too optimistic, but this was still pretty decent from her all things considered. It's a good sign for the weeks to come and I hope she continues to improve as the season moves along.
Forgot to mention one more comment from yesterday's broadcast - that she (Martic) doesn't have a clear idea of her game plan and is not sure what her own limitations are. Interesting. Don't know about the second part but I do get a sense sometimes that the first one is true.
ma re is offline View My Blog!