TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 4 Gay NFL Players to Potentially "Come Out"

View Single Post

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #27
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Re: 4 Gay NFL Players to Potentially "Come Out"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
But you wouldn't get to make that call. It's like the famous people who have careers made by publicity having hissy fits when they are pursued by photographers and TMZers. And certainly a professional male athlete who comes out while he's playing is not going to have a private life. The press is going to try and run down every lover or one night stand that he's had. And you can be sure that some of them will love the limelight.

I thought that Ayanbadejo and Kordell Stewart (though he's no longer playing) would have come out by now anyway.

You can't have the sweet without the bitter. If you don't want the hassle of not having a private life, don't aim to be a star because the stalking comes with the territory.

One of the best moments that I can recall was when one famous actor (George Clooney?) who didn't want the press following him around stepped out from one of his picture premieres in order to have his picture taken and all of the photographers put their cameras down. Loved it.
Exactly, that's the reason gay male athletes are staying in the closet they know ONCE they come out that's it. You can't go back into the closet once you are out. And once these men are out the media are going to dig, and dig, and dig to find out everything about their personal lives.

The fans and the other guys in the lockeroom are another reason these men won't come out. They just want to play football they don't want to have the intense media attention.

I now think it is not going to happen the media keep on pushing it, but what happens to the gay male athlete AFTER he comes out.

The gay community wants a hero BUT I think people are forgetting about the aftermath. Look at Justin Fashanu, he came out as gay and then he committed suicide.
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote