TennisForum.com - View Single Post - STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche!

View Single Post

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #317
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
that Charleston match was very high quality match where both Maria and Serena turned clay into hard court and Maria had even set points in the first set and not to mention that it was 2008, and despite the fact Maria had a great season and played a great match against Serena there, she still sucked on clay that time and Serena was on winning streak from Miami till Charleston

but the Madrid one is one big mystery to me, i haven't seen the match so i have no idea why maria won only a few games
madrid last year = grass.

The Charleston match was definitely the last match in which Maria vs Serena could have been called a rivalry legitimately. It's inexplicable how Maria lost that match, well not really, it was blatantly obvious Rena was in her head. I actually think she was in her head more then than she is now. In most of their post-op matches the head has been there IMO, the tennis hasn't. Although OG/Miami still proves she has some demons.