TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Anxiety

Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #39
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anxiety

Yum. Lexapro! That's what I'm on for my anxiety. It actually made me less tired because I sleep better because I don't ruminate about all the things making me anxious and have anxiety attacks at night.

It takes awhile to work, so don't expect miracles.

Also, it is a drug that you need to take every day, not just when you feel anxious. There are some drugs you can take for "onset." You can certainly ask your doctor if you can take one of those instead.

You certainly have a right to take an active role in your care (within reason, I mean we all hope these guys and gals learn something in medical school).

Also, like most pscyh drugs, Lexapro does not affect everyone the same way. If you are having side effect like sleepiness you might act your doctor what he/she thinks. There may be another option that works as well without any side effects.

Lexpro is, as I understand it from a medical friend of mine, kind of the "go-to" drug for anxiety because it works on MOST people.

Good luck with things. At least they got your diagnosis right in the first place. They tried treating me for depression instead of anxiety and that didn't go well at all.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote