TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sabine News & Articles

View Single Post

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #644
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetennis View Post
Hey Sabinator! If you want to give a translation, I'm sure it would be more accurate than Google
Okay

Sabine Lisicki: „I like Katowice, I want to come back here”

On Wednesday midday on Spodek in Katowice, the fans of German with Polish roots, Sabine Lisicki, have a chance to see her in action. Unfortunately, a nice player ended her BNP Paribas Katowice Open campaign with a 57 26 loss to Romanian Alexandra Cadantu. After the match, Lisicki told that she lacked the power because of too less time to regenerate after coming from USA. It was all because of problems with arrivals to Europe.

Sabine, what's going on with your form and how is your cooperation with coach looking?

I'm working with my coach from Pattaya, where I reached the final. Later I reached the final too, in Memphis, I was in good form but I got sick. That prevented me to play Indian Wells and, somehow, got my good disposition down. I played poorly in Miami, it was a little better in Charleston, but there I needed to play a qualifier and these players are the toughest because they already are in match-play rhythm. That confirms also in Katowice, where I lost also to qualifier. A tiredness played also a role, cause I've waited so long for flight from USA. The flights were delayed and there was no option of leaving US till Saturday. I appeared in Poland lately on Sunday afternoon, I tried to regenerate somehow, but not quite made it.

Don't you have problems with adaptation to this surface? Wasn't it too slow to your style of play you're prefer?

The surface is okay. The problem was, I didn't have much time to prepare to it. Otherwise, I have moments in my match when I lacked the concentartion. The tiredness of changing a time-zone got bad on me too.

How much do you like Katowice and how you describe the polish audience?

It's really nice here and I can only regret, that this tournament ended for me so early. From the moment, when the tournament was accepted, i was really happy to finally coming to Poland. Despite, it was a pleasure to play in front of polsih fans and I hope comeing back here.

It's known that in German Fed Cup team Mona Barthel is showing. What, in your opinion, can she bring in to the team?

She's great player. She beat Ivanovic in Indian Wells. I think we have a good team, first of all, a four good playing singles players, what could be a big impediment for our rivals, which will don't know till the last moment whom will they be playing with.

In your match vs Cadantu, you were late often, you didn't reached many balls. Don't you think if you could loss a little weight, would it helped?

THIS would helped if I could came to Katowice a week earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetennis View Post
"Our" Sabine

"My parents took care of speaking Polish. I'm trying terribly. When I'm meeting the family in Wroclaw I'm very happy I can normally talk." - confides a German tennis player.

Only one match Sabine Lisicki played in Spodek. The 23-year old German, who in May 2011 was no. 12 in the world, has recently the worst time - she fall down to no. 47 and yesterday lost to Romanian qualifier Alexandra Cadantu. But, it's very lovely and engaging girl, speaking polish fluently, with the characteristic "r".

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone

Last edited by Sabinator. : Apr 12th, 2013 at 03:10 PM.
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote